Annual conference of Major Cities of Europe
Don´t miss this exciting event!
This year’s annual conference of Major Cities of Europe (MCE) will be hosted and organized together with the Municipality of Leipzig at the Kongresshalle (www.kongresshalle.com). The overarching theme of the conference is “Are we ready? Taking the digital city to the next level”.
MCE as THE leading IT Users Group is a non-profit and independent organisation of CIO’s, IT Managers, Smart City leaders, Heads of Departments and Policy Makers of Local Governments. It also includes Universities and other public and private organisations.
The conference is a unique opportunity:
- – To interact and exchange directly with other European municipalities in a non-commercial environment,
- – To discuss about the real challenges that municipalities currently deal about digitization,
- – To test your ideas with ‘digital leaders’ from cities across Europe,
- – To understand how to involve citizens in designing and achieving better outcomes,
- – To see how to use data and information more effectively,
- – To hear the truth, not the spin,
- – To be informed, to be challenged, to be involved – and to have fun.
The topics planned for the different sessions of the conference include:
- City Data: Swimming in the data sea – are you waving or drowning? Is the increasing importance of city data in taking strategic decisions built on solid foundations?
- Digital Developments and how to set up business cases: Are we ensuring that digital developments are prioritised and driven by public value and supported by solid business cases?
- Digital government in practice – where are the citizens? How do cities engage citizen’s in their decisions and practical implementations?
- New technologies, new opportunities and innovation – seeing beyond the hype”. These technologies not always produce the expected returns. Let us review cases concerned with technologies like artificial intelligence, blockchain, 5G etc…
- Collaboration and co-creation – the road to heaven or the highway to hell?” Ensuring that all required actors and skills contribute, including internal and external organisations, public and private players and academia, start-ups and SMEs should result in a win-win model for all engaged players.
- Internal and external skills: are local governments fit for the future? What are the key skills that must be guaranteed, do we have them or hoe to create them?
- World Café: On Wednesday morning the programme includes the World Café. Several hot topics are proposed to many different discussion tables. It’s the key final opportunity to share views and experiences.
We are at your disposal should you require any further information. You can contact the Hotline of the event at +4317189476 -33, Fax +4317189476 -22; email: email@example.com.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you at the conference.