2019 Annual conference of Major Cities of Europe
This year’s annual conference of Major Cities of Europe (MCE) has been hosted and organized together with the Municipality of Venice, the Cà Foscari University and VENIS S.p.A. at the Cà Foscari Economic Campus The overarching theme of the conference has been “Channelling Change – Digital cities in a changing world – Explore more, Discover more, Create more”
Close to 350 delegates from 20 countries gave unanimous very positive feedbacks
The conference has been considered as unique opportunity:
- – to interact and exchange directly with other European municipalities in a non-commercial environment,
- – to discuss about the real challenges that municipalities currently deal about digitization,
- – to test ideas with ‘digital leaders’ from cities across Europe,
- – to understand how to involve citizens in designing and achieving better outcomes,
- – to see how to use data and information more effectively,
- – to hear the truth, not the spin,
- – to be informed, to be challenged, to be involved – and to have fun.
The topics for the different sessions of the conference included:
- – Cities as service hubs: Citizen at the centre – Local governments become integrated service providers and partner to provide citizens services with other local public and private players.
- – New and Emerging Technologies: How to ensure that innovative technologies add value to the lives of the citizens? How to leverage Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and other emerging technologies?
- – The Moral Maze: How local governments ensure that the use of technology is ethical and that citizens’ participative initiatives through social media are managed in an ethical and protected way?
- – Troubled Projects – Good Procurement: How procurement decisions are taken and how solutions or technologies are selected to be the right foundations? How to manage troubled projects? How to take the right decisions and to persuade the organisation?
- – Changing roles, change management and digital transformation: to face the dangerous chasm between the existing managerial and professional skills and the new required skills and abilities.
- – World Café: On the second day the programme included the World Café. Several topics were proposed to many different discussion tables. It has been the key final opportunity to share views and experiences.
The 2020 conference that will be hosted by the city of Larissa from May 27th to 29th
Information about the programme and logistics will come soon. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you at next year conference in Larissa. For further information about our activities contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Subscribe to our newsletter here
– Keep in touch with delegates and speakers via the conference App at https://www.majorcities.eu/app/ (it will stay active)
– Keep the discussion alive and follow us on our social networks:
Major Cities of Europe IT Users Group https://bit.ly/2xTxWIG